What is Fibery?
Fibery is a no-code platform that teams use to create connected workspaces. By combining building blocks in different ways, creators make solutions for all kinds of companies: tech startups, digital agencies, and product companies.
Our practical goal is to replace a bunch of isolated tools and bring teams together into a single collaboration space. We are talking Trello + Google Docs + Miro or Productboard + Jira + Pipedrive, for example.
Our long-term goal is to augment organizational intelligence. Basically, to help teams of knowledge workers to solve problems that seemed insoluble before.
What you will do?
- Communicate with Fibery users in Intercom.
- 🎤 Do live demos and call with customers to help with Fibery setup.
- Create and run webinars.
- Collect product feedback from various sources and document it in Fibery.
- Collaborate with development team to solve complex problems faster.
- Write user guides and help materials.
Are you a good fit?
- You have fluent English.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Customer Success role dealing with relatively complex products and problems.
- You understand concepts of relational databases, browser-server interaction, You have a strong expertise in the productivity tools space / market.
- 🙌 You love to talk to people and can survive 10-15 demos per week.
- Some basic programming knowledge is nice to have.
Are we a good fit?
If you are not scared off by our business exhibitionism and self-deprecating jokes, it’s a good start.
We are a small company of just over 30 people, so you are likely to wear multiple hats. Solving problems and pursuing opportunities outside your usual responsibilities is not frowned upon.
We work remotely from Poland, Cyprus, Denmark, Bulgaria, Finland, Belarus and Canada. You are free to pick where and when you work, but there should be some intersection with working hours in Europe.
- Fully-remote job with flexible working hours.
- Freedom of actions.
- Some fun.
- 20 vacation days per year
- Salary $35K-$40K/year
What is the next step?
Tell us about yourself at email@example.com and let us know which parts of the job you are excited about and which parts are meh. Also, feel free to ask any provocative questions.